Monday, January 17, 2011

I've Been Bad

I tempted you in my earlier post about some chocolate covered almonds and raisins I made yesterday. I would show a picture but I can't since there is nothing left. 
I'm not proud but I'm not sorry. 

It was one of those winter days where you just don't want to get out of bed but my 3 month old had other ideas. So I had to turn to chocolate. 

I melted some squares of baking chocolate over a double boiler on the stove and once it melted poured in almonds and raisins. After mixing it completely, making sure everything was coated, I poured it out on to some parchment paper that I sprayed with Pam. It set pretty quickly so I was able to beak it up into some nice chunks that I just as quickly devoured.


Now I'll I can think about is "what else can I coat with chocolate?"

Chocolate covered pretzels
Chocolate covered popcorn

Marshmallows dipped in chocolate
Oreos!!
Cherries dipped in chocolate
Apples dipped in chocolate
The classic 
The last remaining question is "what would happen if I added caramel?" 
Nicole's Homemade Treats on Etsy
If you are sticking to your New Year's Resolution, try this calorie free option:
CHOCOLATE TURTLE CHEESECAKE Cupcake Candle--1/2 Lb.
Chocolate Turtle Cheesecake Candle
How great is that? Made by Candle Confections and sold on Etsy.

If you're like me and just said "what resolutions?" do yourself a favor and buy these:
belgian-chocolate-covered-oreos.gif
Belgian Chocolate-Covered Oreos 
How beautiful!! 

P.s - **Warning** never do a Google image search for 'chocolate covered' anything unless you're prepared to face the consequences which generally include stuffing your face with chocolate.

Do you have any unusual treats you dip in chocolate?
Any good exercise routine to commence after? 

3 comments:

  1. Oh this has me thinking now too! Everything looks so delicious! Hope you had a wonderful day xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum chocolate covered pretzels is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being here! I enjoy reading & responding to every comment!

Pin It button on image hover